Your participation supports an ever-growing number of institutions that are using acquisitions funds to make Humanities and Social Sciences titles Open Access in a way that is less expensive than the purchase of single print copies and/or e-books – and you are bringing benefit to the whole world of scholarly communications.
- Opportunity for libraries to support the shift for HSS monographs and journals to Open Access
- Enables libraries to contribute to fulfilling OA mandates in certain territories
- The best way to get high quality books and journals at affordable prices
- Librarians have curated KU Select 2017 to give it a global appeal (40 acquisitions/collections librarians from 12 countries)
- Flexible offering – pick and choose option available
- Early invoicing possible upon request
- Libraries will receive access to their own usage statistics
- No embargo and Digital Rights Management (DRM)-free
- Libraries will receive high quality MARC records
- 35% discount on purchases of other formats from publishers in recognition of KU participation
- Involvement with the creation of future collections and steering KU by nominating and voting of the Library Steering Committee and Title Selection Committee.
You can view a list of all participating institutions on our website: http://www.knowledgeunlatched.org/libraries/