Backlist titles have been requested by librarians so KU asked publishers to provide titles that would complement the interest in the front list subjects.
- KU is building a corpus of specialist books, with the aim to have a core collection within 5 years
- The backlist titles are specialist books and supplementary reading in upper level and graduate courses
- The titles are from the past ten years (2006-2016) as monograph usage peaks years after publication which shows how relevant such texts remain
- KU provides both front list and backlist titles to offer a middle route between Demand Driven Acquisitions (DDA) and collecting with a long-term focus
- Backlist titles are offered through KU at a greatly reduced price of $13.75 (€12.50 / £10) per title per library.